Our Stake had a Preparedness Fair a few weeks ago. Of course there was a section on cooking with our food storage. Dad and I were amazed at how soft and good these "whole wheat" cookies are. I have made them several times since. I took some to Oregon for Karen and her family to try. They also loved them, so here is the recipe.
4 cubes of butter or margarine
4 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
Cream the above ingredients together and add:
7 cups whole wheat flour
2 1/2 cups oatmeal
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
Mix well and add 1 PACKAGE OF CHOCOLATE CHIPS. Drop by teaspoon onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake 350 for 10-12 minutes.
I have a silicone mat so I don't grease the cookie sheet. I did use the Ener-G Egg Replacer. For each egg I used 1/4 cup water and 2 tsp. of Egg Replacer.
2 comments:
Yea! I always like to try a new cookie. Is the dough any good? For me that is what makes a good cookie. I could just eat the dough and not cook any of the cookies.
Yes Bonnie, the dough is good to eat that's why you make the whole recipe and there are still plenty of cookies to bake.
Post a Comment